Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cotton Candy, Rides, and More....

WOW! The temperature sure sky-rocketed the last couple of days!  Not complaining by any means because we only have this warmth for a very short time.  Seem as if it always seems to arrive just in time for the
Rice County Fair

Calling all fair goers!!!!


My oldest daughter and her BFF made plans last week that they would go to the fair today around 2:00 P.M. and get their favorite "Handmade Lemonade."  My husband, youngest daughter, and myself decided to wait until things cooled off a bit and then hit the fair.

Today was a great day to check-out the animal barns.  First we toured the horse barn, (my favorite), then the goats, and the cows.  I always enjoy checking them out because I myself was in 4-H and grew up in the country having a few farm animals.  Like the old saying goes, "You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl."
Watching you.
Really?





Afterwards, we went to see the hypnotist, Brian Imbus.  He was pretty entertaining.  The best part was because he offered for the audience to participate in becoming hypnotized if they choose to in their seat. While watching the stage people start acting out playing their favorite musical instrument, we turned around and a man behind us was standing and rocking out on his pretend guitar.  It was really funny and my almost 10 year old really got a kick out of all of it.

If you ever are interested or in need of a hypnotist here is a link to his website.  Or feel free just to check it out.  Hypnotist Mentalist Brian Imbus

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! We went to the fair in Kasson last night and it was pretty fun! I am sure it is a smaller fair then that but it was still my home town fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawna, I love county fairs! I too was a 4-H kid, that showed, did the pageant, and brought exhibits. My favorite part of the fair when I was younger was working in the 4-H food stand, and I still make sure that I stop by there each year for a treat. Your experience with the hypnotist sounds exciting. I personally have attempted to be hypnotized without success, I do enjoy watching others under the spell though. Fresh squeezed lemonade sounds delicious, I may need to go buy some lemons. Great blog, brought back a lot of memories for me.

    ReplyDelete