Monday, July 1, 2013

I'm You're Ice Cream Man, Stop Me When I'm Passin By.......



Oh, what excitement and fun this brought to my girls!  Who would have thought while turning up the road from a beautiful, exhilarating motorcycle ride we would see the ice cream truck, well OK, the Kona Ice Man, but sort of the same.  I am not sure who was more Thrilled, my husband and me, or the girls:), but someone would have to flag them down, and quick!

I figured it would be much faster for me to run into the house, grab my wallet and give the girls some money.... By the time I got back outside, dad had given them money and they stopped that ice truck.  
What's the next thing a mother does...Yep,you guessed it!  I grabbed the iPod so I could take a pic and a short video. 
 Check it out!  (The music is a bit catchy)




So with this posting, it brings back a lot of childhood memories for me. My family at times would have an ice cream truck that would drive by our house, and each of us children would get a cone.  So being all excited as I was, I turned to my husband and seemingly said, "Doesn't this bring back memories from childhood?  When the ice cream truck would be coming down the road and you and your brother and sisters would run out to flag him down?"  Well.... I expected him to smile and say, "Yeah, it does." But instead he looked at me sadly and said... "We never had an ice cream truck stop on our road.  We grew up on a Highway, in town." OK, so now I felt bad.  Guess I am going to flag down that truck myself the next trip it makes around our block and get my husband his Treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment