Monday, July 22, 2013

Finding a new Love in Life...

Ever since I can remember I have always admired those who could run, although I never really understood why?  I hated running in gym when I was a kid, and I vowed to never do it once I was done with school. I did not have have not had the desire to do so since...........Well since this past week.




I have always been a busy person.  I have enjoyed working two jobs, raising a family, going back to school, and more all at the same time.  This past spring my husband thought it might be nice if I take a break from doings so  much all the time and stay home with the kids and take my few summer classes.  I cannot complain, it has been nice not going all the time, except with chasing for my daughters traveling fastpitch games and a few additional things.  The down side is that for a busybody like myself, it makes it really hard to stay focused. Yes, I find when I do not have lots to do, I begin to get discombobulated and off task.

The best solution I had besides going back to my part-time job was take up a new hobby.  But what?  I had no idea until.............One evening I was a bit upset and frustrated.  I needed to get out of the house for a bit and decided I would take the dog for a walk.  I walk her frequently.  This time something was different on our walk.  I decided I would give running a try and see if it helped relieve some stress.  Next thing I knew, I was running and running and it felt Awesome!!!!

I had no idea how good it really felt.  Now I know and understand why people run. It has many benefits and feels GREAT!  Since my first run a few days ago, I have managed to run a little bit longer each time and without getting so exhausted as quickly.  I cannot wait to see the changes in a few weeks.

Oh, and I cannot forget about my wonderful partner, Tawney who keeps me going strong!

1 comment:

  1. Running is a very hard thing to do. I had a gym membership last year and was going quite frequently I would force myself 30 minutes on the treadmill running as much as I could and it felt great.

    ReplyDelete