Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Loads of Work and a Little Fun Too

 This is where my day all started.  I figured I needed to keep moving on getting the back yard done, so I took my husbands truck, while he was at work, to the compost site and hand shoveled approximately 2 yards of mulch.  Let me say that it was a great whole body workout and I need it so it was a Win, Win for ME!

 Since I am not good at driving the truck backwards down our hill, I decided I would finish weeding the yard until the husband got home.  He could be the one to haul it down the hill backwards. (Just so you know, there is not a lot of room on either side, the tires are bare, the mulch is heavy, and there is steps on one side of the hill, and a tree on the other.) Nope! Not taking the risk!!!!!
Once I laid the mulch down, I was pretty satisified with the outcome.  I am almost done with the yard now.  I  only have one little spot left to fill in.  The biggest hurdle will be forcing myself to go back out to the compost site and fill another truck load of mulch.  Only this time, I think I will wait for some help!                                          


And a hard day of work would not be complete without a few friends over for the night.  What better way to end it than to have a fire, (could have done without those pesky misquitos!) hotdogs,  and SMORES!! Yummmy.

1 comment:

  1. Good pictures of the project. Looks like you've been busy. Summer is a nice time to get things done, unfortunately I haven't had time for too many projects outside of work/school/editing. Glad you had time for some fun in there too! Keep up the great blog!

    ReplyDelete